Magnum 350 filter

gsdvongestalt

This is my first time using it. I have it on my 90. I have a lot of africans in that tank. I also have a Eiheim clasic. I use the mag in a mechanical and chemical filtration sense with charcoal. I use the Eiheim for biological with sponge and rings. The two together are keeping the tank very nice and clear. It took me several tries to get the magnum running quietly as I needed to get the air out of it. I bought it second hand and it didn't have the english directions in it . I do like it better than all my fluvals, but would rather have another Eiheim.

I recently purchased the magnum 350, and quite like it! I currently run the magnum 350 with a Fluval 405 on my 75 Gallon Discus tank. The quick change for the hoses works well and the cannister is easy to clean and change out filters and carbon.

I have had magnums in the past and think they are decent for the price. But I prefer the Rena filters over them.

I have just discovered that I am missing the rigid outflow pipe/diffuser and there is no way that I am going to order the part from the Marineland website... $8 and change for the part, but $35.00 for shipping :o Does anyone know where I can get a replacement part in Edmonton or something that will be as efficient?

Thanks,

Michelle

which part specificaly are you talking about?

which part specificaly are you talking about?

On this page, http://www.marineland.com/products/diagram_ecom/n_mag350.asp , it is part #1... The rigid over the tank piece with the water diffuser for the flow back into the tank.

Michelle

Any canister filter discharge defuser will work if it is the same diameter. You could call around to some of the lfs to see if they carry one, or have an extra kicking around.