20g stocking help

gizmo

I'm looking for some advice on stocking a 20g. I'd like to be overstocked as I'll be over-filtering this, and am diligent with water changes.

Currently there's already 4 Corydoras habrosus, and 2 C. julii.

I'd like to put it about 4 mollies (black or dalmation), and plan on putting in a group of neon tetras.

What else would look good/be compatible? Was thinking a single dwarf gourami, possible a few chain loaches, but would like to see what some other options are.

Thanks!

Edited by gizmo

its not a smart idea to overstock a 20 gallon.

at that size even with super filtration and water changes, the fish will be enclosed in too small of a tank and will stress each other out.

its also not a good idea to mix neon tetras with mollie either as mollies are from asia and enjoy high amounts of salt and neons are from the amazon

and enjoy very little or no concentrations of salt.

if you wanna put gouramis in, stick with just laybrinth fish. its not a good idea to interspecies mix.

causes stress and ultimately death.

Quinn

mollies are from asia

Actually they are from Mexico, Yucatan, and and all the way to Columbia.

I would suggest something other than mollies. I find that they are more susceptible to fungus if they do not have enough salt in the water. They prefer more salt than the cories would be comfortable with. If you would like a livebearer, why not platys - they don't get as big and don't require the same amount of salt. They are also hardier than mollies.

If you are talking about the Blue Lyretail killifish they certainly have the same water condition requirements as the other fish you already have and stay quite small (about 2.5").

Just make sure to have more than 2 males or they will fight.

Great idea! Good luck with the tank!