Tried to kill myself tonight...

werner

...but my GFCI tripped. :shock:

Apparently my heating cable had a malfunction. I didn't have my hands in the tank at that particular moment, but would have a few seconds later.

Just a little reminder to you all to protect yourselves when playing with water and electricity.

Yikes! Lucky! And yes... I tell the teacher never EVER to put her hands in the tank at school unless it's unplugged, yet how often do I move this rock or scrub off that piece of algae without unplugging. Sheesh... I REALLY need to be smarter about these things. Thanks for the reminder, and I'm glad you're fine.

I don't think there can be too many reminders about this risk. I know I am lazy too often and reach in to set a thermometer or perfrom some other type of maintenance. Heck I remember moving rocks around in my tanks with the heaters plugged in as a kid because I was afraid the fish would get cold if I turned it off. This thread does give me the thought to put GFCIs into the tank room in my new house though and I thank you for that.

Water, glass, electricity, and rocks. It's all good. :smokey:

...but my GFCI tripped. :shock:

Apparently my heating cable had a malfunction. I didn't have my hands in the tank at that particular moment, but would have a few seconds later.

Just a little reminder to you all to protect yourselves when playing with water and electricity.

Close call :shock:

I am glad I made the last minute decision to put GFCI plugs for our new rack...