L.E.D lights

byte

I have been playing with LED lights to make my own lunar lights. The only place I can find to buy the LED bulbs in Alberta is The Source (Radio Shack). I have looked on line and can only find stores in B.C and the USA.

Does anyone know of local stores in Alberta where LED bulbs (like the picture below) can be bought?

led2.jpg

I built a 4 LED strip light for about $15.00 so far. It is just a strip of old wood with holes drilled for testing purposes. I used 4 bulbs, 1 wall transformer, 4 feet of wire and 2 resistors.

IMG_2879.jpg

Part numbers are listed in the post below...

Edited by byte

I have been playing with LED lights to make my own lunar lights. The only place I can find to buy the LED bulbs in Alberta is The Source (Radio Shack). I have looked on line and can only find stores in B.C and the USA.

Does anyone know of local stores in Alberta where LED bulbs can be bought?

I built a 4 LED strip light for about $15.00 so far. It is just a strip of old wood with holes drilled for testing purposes. I used 4 bulbs, 1 wall transformer, 4 feet of wire and 2 resistors.

I can give part numbers if interested.

Look for electronic wholesale outlets. Cardinal Electric and alike.

There's also a place on 178 st. and 106 ave on the west side of the street, but I can't remember the name.

Good for you for doing this as a DYI project.

Rick

Princess Auto carries strips of LEDs intended for use in automotive modifications. The lights are in sealed plastic tubes and are powered by 12v car port plug-ins. I bought some ac/dc adapters from the same store (did a rough estimate of what VDC size I needed per strip), clipped the cables and spliced them together. The strips were on sale at the time so I think it only cost me around $10 total.

Thanks for the help... This is what I am looking for except for the colour.

led2.jpg

By building my own light, I can also use different colours and also vary the brightness and the spot light effect each light has. I looked at the Cardinal Electric website, but did not find any LED lights. I have bought different flashlights, etc. to play with the lights, but then I do not know the voltage required to run it. The bulbs I see on the internet are fairly cheap (about 1 dollar or less) and the transformer is just a "wall wort" that comes with any phone or printer, etc (4 to 13 volt will work).

The Source -- blue led -- 2769083 -- 2 bulbs for $4.00... 3.6 volt? at 10mA... 3000 mcd output

The Source -- resistors-- 2719018 -- 150 for $4.99

Liquidation World-- transformer -- $5.00

Here is what they look like at night.

bluelednight.jpg

Edited by byte

Recently I ordered the blue LED's from KO-HEN electronics in Red Deer, I took in a Luner light and was able to get everything to make 2 four foot sections and the parts I am trying a dimmer switch in one ordered 120 leds wire all needed pieces except the houseing came to 95 dollars. I will let you know how they work

Does anyone know of local stores in Alberta where LED bulbs (like the picture below) can be bought?

led2.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

Part numbers are listed in the post below...

check out active electronics on gateway blvd just south of derrick dodge on te east side of the road.