New tank questions

Kevycorp

Hi,

I have my first questions. Are the female saulosi orange or yellow? I'm kind of hopping they are orange. You can keep more than one male right? I'm thinking of going with saulosi, yellow labs & acei in the 90 gallon we are going to have, what do you think?

Has anyone made a rock/cave background for your tank? There is one at cichlid forum that I really like but crafty I am not. I asked my Sister to make it for me but I can't figure out what you do with the filter intakes and heater. The picture of the background doesn't show them at all.

Have a nice sunny day!

June :D

• 1 month later...

i know what you mean ..... fancy, colour, eye-grabbers, sell fast.

[ex: aka- painted glass un-fish.] :angry::rolleyes::rolleyes:

However, the more challenging species are certainly worth the time and effort.

Hi,

Thanks for the pics. of the Ps. Msobo Deep. Now I have another question, can you keep Ps. Salosi, Ps Msobo Deep and L. Mbamba together or will the males fight? If you can't have all three, can you keep Salosi and Mbamba?

I know it sounds silly but, I would like to try and get fish that will get along. I know there are no guarantees but ...

I was kind of hoping I could keep L mbamba, L.caeruleus, Ps. salosi and maybe Ps. sp acei and or Ps sp msobo (now that I've seen them).

How many would you keep total in a 90 gallon?

Thanks in advance for your help. It' s so much easier when there's someone you can ask for advice. :D

June