Hi

Argentis

Hi, just wanted to say Hi, and tell you guys a little about myself. I'm 30, work in the oil industry, and I've been keeping fish off and on for the last 20 odd years.

At the height of things, I had a 60g cichlid tank, and a 20g with a breeding pair of convicts (never did manage to raise any fry). Currently, I'm getting back into things with a 20g community tank, with plans to fix the 60g mentioned above that sprung a leak a little over 2 years ago.

Well I guess that's about it for now, I'll be around with plenty of questions -roll-

Welcome! We also got ourselves readdicted after some time away from the hobby... now the 1 tank has become um... 4, including a SW. LOL Beware! ;)

-roll- Do I know you NatureNut? I've already got 2 more tanks in the planning stages. Just waiting for a promotion at work, and a bigger house. I'm looking at getting a new 75g+ tank, and repairing the 60g that I mentioned earlier. It's going to be fun trying to figure out what to stock them with :P.

There's lot of people here with OMTS (one more tank syndrome), and as far as I know there's no 12 step program in place yet. Mostly here you'll find enablers ("Just tell your wife/husband you found the tank in the garage"). I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum here, lots of good advice, good humour, and great people.

For sure, it looks like a great forum, plus it's local. I'm pretty excited about chatting with folks in my neck of the woods, so I can get practical advice on stuff like stocking. I've been on a few other forums, and we don't seem to get some of the stuff that is listed in stocking suggestions.

Welcome to the forum

:welcome:

You'll find this a forum full of really helpful people, I have!

As they say, beware the expanding tank virus that circulates here... I came in with 118 gallons in 4 tanks...just passing the 400 gallon mark shortly ...and yes , I took the advice and told my wife I found them in the garage....now I have to build her a dang garage this spring.... :smokey:

Here is the article on resealing a tank. Hope it helps.

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=11713