Need some help for my angels...

gsdvongestalt

So they don't grow wings :(

They are in a 58g planted community tank (African butterfly fish, 2 clown loaches, 4 angels, 3 rainbows, 1 leopard frog pleco, 1 red whiptail, 1 clown stripped pleco, and 1 female Krib in mourning) with 30-40% water change weekly. All the water parameters are stable and normal, temp is steady at about 81F, however last week I lost one angel to what I thought was an internal parasite infestation after speaking to a few people. I started the whole tank on NLS Thera+ food because I noticed white stringy poo from my ginormous rainbow fish. They have been eating the NLS Thera+ for a week now, and just the occasional stringy poo now. I never noticed the stringy white poo from the angels, but now I have 3 of them who are listing around the top of the tank with their lips distended, breathing normally, but not eating... same as the one that died last week. I just did a water change and added Mela fix and Pima fix in hopes that it will help.

Anyone have any other suggestions as to what the problem could be or what else I might be able to do to prevent the death of the angels?

Thanks,

Michelle

So from doing a lot of research online, I think there is a distinct possibility that the angels had Malawi bloat, but their scales never lifted and I that is what confused me. I think that the bloat was possibly caused by internal parasites, and I have been feeding all my tanks the Thera+ food with good results. I am considering using metronidazole with the Thera+ food to make sure the internal parasites are cleaned up. I have 250mg tablets that I keep on hand for the dogs... I am thinking I should be able to crush those into a powder, mix with a bit of tank water and soak the Thera+ pellets in it for a few minutes before feeding. Does anyone know the proper dosage?

I am pretty sure that the bloat was not caused by bacteria as I keep my tanks pretty darn clean with water changes between 30% - 50% every weekend, and I don't overfeed. I have one angel that is hovering on the line right now, and not sure which side of the line it is going to fall on.

Thanks,

Michelle