Goodbye Cricket

Terrie Lee

The blue crayfish I got at the auction crawled out of her tank last night. I woke up to her tiny blue body on the floor dried up and dead.

I'm sorry little cricket, I should have worked harder to get a cover for your tank.

I loved your antics. They way you would wave your tiny claws at me when I came too near your tank.

I have never had a pet quite like you.

:(

I have Burt, he's a spare. Burt would require a loving home as he got hurt when he tried to venture out. His home is high in the fish room. He walked off the face of his earth , leap of faith I'm sure. He managed to land in a bucket of water,,,well most of him . Unfortunately he forgot to tuck'n'roll. He hit the edge of the bucket and lost his one claw. I suspect a molt or two and it'll be back. If your home is the right home for Burt , please let me know . :D

I have Burt, he's a spare. Burt would require a loving home as he got hurt when he tried to venture out. His home is high in the fish room. He walked off the face of his earth , leap of faith I'm sure. He managed to land in a bucket of water,,,well most of him . Unfortunately he forgot to tuck'n'roll. He hit the edge of the bucket and lost his one claw. I suspect a molt or two and it'll be back. If your home is the right home for Burt , please let me know . :D

You're right. Burt's claw should grow back after a few molts. I have read about this happening on other invertebrate forums.

My condolences for your loss of Cricket, Terrie Lee. Crays are amazing pets.