Reverse osmosis units

firestorm

The toilet tank thing is a float valve - in the plumbing section. They may have different ones in the sump section, or where the humidifiers are. We just used the toilet float valves for ponds. If it doesn't need to be purdy, then why bother spending extra $$ is what we thought (they're hidden in the filter system on ponds).

Ok I went back to HD and asked more questions... met an old plumber in that section and he pointed me in another direction.. I dont know why I didnt think of it before.....

UFA has those float valves used on Horse and cattle troughs / so there is no jigging required etc. and apparently they are way cheaper then the toilet type

Next week I will check out the UFA in Fort Sask. dont think there is one in Edmonton?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^_^ Thanks guys, I guess we have all been able to learn something from my post. I hope anyone else who reads can get some very good info and advice too. I will check that site first byte, and then I will check out UFA. I know we do have a store in calgary that deals with horses and other livestock, we used to buy shavings in bulk for our hamsters and guinea pigs from there. I will have to check and see what the name of that store is from my mom and I will post it when I find out.

Edit: Ok I looked on the website provided, they have both brass float valves and stainless steel ones. But which ones would be best for having sitting in the fish water? I would be leaning more towards stainless steel, as of course we don't want harmful metals to be leeching out into the water.

Edited by firestorm

I think finding them with a 1/4" fitting might be the tricky part. Maybe we need to do a group order if there's nowhere locally.

I bought this one at a water well supply shop in Medicine Hat. It has a 1/4 fitting and is made by Robert Manufacturing Co, but it does not have a part number on it. It was bought for a dog water dish, so it is made to handle water. I do not need this valve ( has never been used) so if any one is interested in buying it, please P.M. me.

IMG_4923.jpg

:)