Reverse osmosis units

firestorm

Pics of mine. I have it hooked up to a garden tap instead of saddled directly onto a water line- easier to turn off and move if I need to.

PICT2785.jpg

PICT2786.jpg

PICT2787.jpg

Is that the shutoff valve in the middle that has two in and two out on it? I got the Aquarium II model and when I asked about shut-off valve he said that it was included.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bid on one of them, thanks to the help from you guys, there were enough of that same kind I am hoping no one tries to outbid me. Yeah the one I am bidding on also says it comes with an automatic shut off valve. I will try and get the attachment for the tap, but I have no clue where I am going to put this thing lol. Unfortunately right now I don't have a basement, but I don't want to permanently attach it to the house either. I plan to move in the next 5 years or less and take this thing with me. I guess I will have to wait until I get the thing to see exactly what I need, but I will try home depot for the gauge. I would like to know when the thing needs changing. This is the exact model I bid on

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...A:IT&ih=006

Edited by firestorm

I bid on one of them, thanks to the help from you guys, there were enough of that same kind I am hoping no one tries to outbid me. Yeah the one I am bidding on also says it comes with an automatic shut off valve. I will try and get the attachment for the tap, but I have no clue where I am going to put this thing lol. Unfortunately right now I don't have a basement, but I don't want to permanently attach it to the house either. I plan to move in the next 5 years or less and take this thing with me. I guess I will have to wait until I get the thing to see exactly what I need, but I will try home depot for the gauge. I would like to know when the thing needs changing. This is the exact model I bid on

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...A:IT&ih=006

I just keep mine on a tray on the basement floor since I have not decided where to put it. I did have some problems with leaks at first but I used plumbers teflon tape to fix it. The quality of the unit is not the best but at that price there isn't really much to complain about. The water it's producing is very good. I have a TDS meter and it reads 0.

PICT2787.jpg

That sure looks like a float valve in the 45 gallon drum. I bet if you push down on the float, the water will start filling the barrel.

Dont know what I was thinking..... I do have the automatic shut off valve ................ its the float valve that I cant find anywhere!

Anyone know where I can find one like that in Edmonton?

You can get float valves at any hardware store. HD probably has the best price, but I'd be surprised if you had to pay more than $3, anywhere. When I was installing ponds, I often just picked up a kit at Totem w. all the necessary parts to hook it up to the pond filter - I think the kit was around $7.

Edited by jvision

You can get float valves at any hardware store. HD probably has the best price, but I'd be surprised if you had to pay more than $3, anywhere. When I was installing ponds, I often just picked up a kit at Totem w. all the necessary parts to hook it up to the pond filter - I think the kit was around $7.

Thanks Jason... when I was looking for a float valve in the plumbers section at HD there were no float valves just the type used in toilets/ I will go check again..

Are they in the pond section?

Thanks Jason... when I was looking for a float valve in the plumbers section at HD there were no float valves just the type used in toilets/ I will go check again..

Are they in the pond section?

Check where they have humidifiers, you should be able to use one of those.

Good to know, since I need a better one. I was looking at this one on eBay but never got around to ordering one.

Anyone know where I can find one like that in Edmonton?

Farm stores like UFA and CO-OP will have different types of float valves used for livestock. Also stores that sell supplies for water wells will have them.

The toilet tank thing is a float valve - in the plumbing section. They may have different ones in the sump section, or where the humidifiers are. We just used the toilet float valves for ponds. If it doesn't need to be purdy, then why bother spending extra $$ is what we thought (they're hidden in the filter system on ponds).