The trouble with angels

Finbert

I should never have gotten angels for my first-ever big (to me) tank back in November. I love the ones I have - they're pretty, smart, fun to watch, and interested in interacting with me.

The trouble is, after getting them, I keep seeing other colour varieties and wanting them very badly because they're so pretty too, but there is simply not room in the tank I have and I promised my partner no new tanks for quite a while. Plus there's not really room in my apartment for another tank big enough for angels to be happy in.

Waah.

Gotta love them Angels

I've got a 55 with 4 angels - 2 albino pearlscale (that I got practically free because they're not quite perfect) and 2 blushing silvery ones. Plus a bunch of tetras (colombians and cardinals) and various cleanup fish (julii cories, BNP, ect) I'd say it's overstocked, except that I've never seen nitrates go over 10ppm (lots of thirsty plants) and nobody seems to be getting in anybody's face, and nobody is getting sick. But definitely no room for any more angels.

The irony is, I got the first two - the albino pearlscales - just to get my mom in law to shut up already, because she was going on about how great they are and I have to get some. I didn't think I even liked angelfish. and now...

How big is your tank right now? And how many angels and other fish do you currently have in it? I know what you mean. I have been keeping angels for years, I have to say my favorites are the long veil angels.

I feel ya :boxed:

Its hard not picking up angels when I see cool new varieties in the LFS. They should invent a dwarf angelfish that only gets 2", then we'd be able to keep more in our tanks :)

Wouldn't that be great!

Its hard not picking up angels when I see cool new varieties in the LFS. They should invent a dwarf angelfish that only gets 2", then we'd be able to keep more in our tanks :)

Wouldn't that be great!

When I tryed keeping them they always died at that size so I could keep lots. Hahhaha. Oh thats wrong isn't it?

Wouldn't that be great!

When I tryed keeping them they always died at that size so I could keep lots. Hahhaha. Oh thats wrong isn't it?

Awe poor things lol. Yeah making dwarf angels would be great. If you don't like the angels you have now, why don't you try and trade them in and get ones that you really like, or try and sell them on here. I personally like the blushing angels myself, and everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

Wouldn't that be great!

Awe poor things lol. Yeah making dwarf angels would be great. If you don't like the angels you have now, why don't you try and trade them in and get ones that you really like, or try and sell them on here. I personally like the blushing angels myself, and everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

Trouble is, I do like the angels I have, I just want more. And more. When I'm rich and have a house with a fish room, I'll have a big tank for collecting different kinds of angels, but for now I have to look, sigh wistfully, and move on.

That's the best idea. I would suggest looking on buy and sell, or the bargain finder. You can usually pick up a used tank for cheaper than buying new. And of course with angels, try going for deeper tanks than long. I know what you mean, I currently have 4 angels, but would like to get more. They are also in a 90 gallon, but I am trying to make room for discus as well so I am also limited on the angels I can get. I have some beautiful veil angels, and one white blushing angel. We did have a koi angel but he passed away when we had our big nitrite spike, along with our other white blushing angel.