Online canadian stores

firestorm

I have been looking at purchasing items from several online stores, but unfortunately the ones I have been on are in the states. And shipping for items is just ridiculous. Does anyone know of any great online stores to get fish products from, that would have good deals on products? Sometimes I find online stores to also have better prices than local stores, so any ideas? Thanks :boxed:

Oh and of course they would have to be in canada!

Edited by firestorm

Yeah I wanted to get a sponge filter, but ebay didn't have any from canada. For the price of the filter I don't want to pay an arm and a leg just for shipping. Thanks for your list, lol you have been very helpful to me. That's what I get for being on all these other forums that don't reside in canada.

Yeah I wanted to get a sponge filter, but ebay didn't have any from canada. For the price of the filter I don't want to pay an arm and a leg just for shipping. Thanks for your list, lol you have been very helpful to me. That's what I get for being on all these other forums that don't reside in canada.

mops.ca OOPs listed already

Edited by geleen

shop around a bit, shipping out of the states really varys. i just bought 2 mag drive pumps outa the us and one place wanted 80.00 for s&h while someone in the same state did it for less than half that. alot of online retailers (especially ebay) the retailers jack the shipping to pad thier profits. i just tell the retailers i want a copy of the shipping invoice so i can see the EXACT shipping cost, that usually keeps them honest. if they wont sent ya a copy, you know thier rippin ya off! :guns:

shop around a bit, shipping out of the states really varys. i just bought 2 mag drive pumps outa the us and one place wanted 80.00 for s&h while someone in the same state did it for less than half that. alot of online retailers (especially ebay) the retailers jack the shipping to pad thier profits. i just tell the retailers i want a copy of the shipping invoice so i can see the EXACT shipping cost, that usually keeps them honest. if they wont sent ya a copy, you know thier rippin ya off! :guns:

I totally agree about the shipping. I find that USPS is best. It may take a little longer but there are no broker fees.

Yeah I looked through all those sites, and I purchased my sponge filter for a decent price and the shipping wasn't too bad(through mops). I found some of the others really bad. Besides that I don't care when I get my item as long as it's here within a week or 2, im in no hurry. I am pretty cheap so I am willing to wait a while longer just to save money.

Edited by firestorm

Yeah I looked through all those sites, and I purchased my sponge filter for a decent price and the shipping wasn't too bad(through mops). I found some of the others really bad. Besides that I don't care when I get my item as long as it's here within a week or 2, im in no hurry. I am pretty cheap so I am willing to wait a while longer just to save money.
even express post(2-3 days) isnt to bad, 2x mag drives (1x 1200 gph & 1x 1800 gph) shipped from florida was 40.00. and those things are heavy. got emm both for 250 inc s&h, about the cost of ONE localy. i like to support the lfs but on expensive items like the pumps, i head for the boarder! :poo: