Trojan Horse Virus

Hi,

I just got a trojan horse virus notification on the buy/sell forum.

I don't know how these viruses work, if someone has planted one on the site, in someone's post, or if it is nothing to do with the site at all. I just thought I'd pass it along in case it does though.

Pm me with more info.

Rather curious about this, myself. There are no uploads on this site except for photos, and those should be fairly safe (should being the operative word as those int he know may recall jpegs having viruses a while back). That should have been addressed, but if there is a new threat then I certainly want to provide security to our members.

There was a member whose off site avatar was infected. However, to the best of my knowledge this has been taken care of. If you get another notice, please send me a PM and tell me what thread this is happening in.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, Shaw Secure is a capable program with just as many features and flaws as any other program... they all seem to have their own quirks and complications. But some measure of protection is better than nothing.