Betta babies

Ali

Hi all! I'm new here.

I have a pair of breeding bettas, and was wondering if anyone knows where I can give away/sell the babies once they are mature?

HI Ali and :welcome: to AA

Well, you could try to give them away here, and or try LFS.. then there are the Kijiji and or buy and sell method.

Do, you currently have betta fry? If so how many? Do you cull them?

I've learned the hard way of keeping all the fry... I had over 70 fry from one breeding pair, thats alot of jars... and it took a lot longer then normal growth time for them, due prob with the amount of fry, I should have culled them down to 20... which is a managable amount especially since after awhile you will have to jar each one... and change their water daily.

Its alot of work, so prepare if you keep more then that. Make sure you take pictures of your betta's I love to see their colors ! :thumbs:

I would also love to see pictures! :)

Your in edmonton? Have you tried phoning any of the pet stores in town? i think large ones dont take fish but you might try the smaller ones- big city hopefully there will many options...as we know betta's have to be in seperate jars- so I hope someone will help you, cuz im sure you have a whole ton of betta's

good luck!

• 1 month later...