Snails in my breeding tank.

blazenangels

I recently converted my 38 gal community tank into an angels only breeding tank to see them raise their own fry. Transferred all other fish to a 55 gal tank. The 38 has been around for a few years and now has a bazillion small snails and at night the rocks move there are so many larger ones. Did not notice that many before as i had a pea puffer that ate some and must have scared the rest into hiding. I do not want to use nasty chemicals to kill them off. I cannot put my puffer back as he will eat the fry. Have heard that yoyo loach or clown loach will fix my problem but assuming eat my fry as well. Any ideas would be much appreciated???

If the snails aren't eating the eggs, then I wouldn't worry too much about them. They're probably multiplying b/c you're feeding the fry and parents well. If the breeding has been successful, don't mess with it by adding anything else :)

That being said, you could try a loach or two. Clowns are quite active and may pester the parents and eat fry. You may do better with a few dwarf loaches.