MY Winter Project

wojo

I had a cichlid tank many years ago and decided that it was time for another. This may be over the top for some people but I had fun and the winter passed by fairly quickly. Their are 36 homes in this tank and was built in 34 modules. The reason for all the modules was so I could move them to my tank. The cabinet is made out of African Zebra wood. The tanks is 48 x 24 x 32 high.

I run a FX5 to a reverse flow UG (made from pcv pipe). The UG is covered with Rift Lake substrate. I also run a Ehiem pro 3 and 2 powerheads. I like lots of flow and clean water. I made 2 shelfs in the tank, one for sand and the top for plants. I was hoping the plants up top would give it greater depth. The visual effect that I was hoping for was to have it look like an ancient ruins.

post-3108-1209409078_thumb.jpg

Edited by wojo

I saw this tank for myself a couple of weeks ago, and it's got to be one of the coolest projects I've ever seen. The 'background' is made of slate, all cut and glued together to give the appearance of almost being like an apartment building, with essentially different levels of 'rooms' all opening up into the middle. Very cool, and hopefully we can get some larger pics that will do this project justice!