IM NEW

Discus_Galore

Hello all, new to the site, thought I would make a brief introduction...

I'm Xylena, and I was inspired to join by my over-enthusiastic boyfriend and friend, you may know them as Dalray and Popik.

It has become a regular tradition to go fish shopping on weekends. I'm not quite as "hardcore", so I get to be "The Level-Headed One". :tongue:

It's been an interesting adventure though, from the 10 gallon Wal Mart special, to our current 3-tank setup, the largest being the 230 gallon freshwater.

The 10 gallon is mine now, I have claimed it for my equally laid-back Pea Puffers and their resident pleco. They sit on my bay windowsill in the kitchen and watch me cook. My favorite thing about them is their ability to move their eyes independently, like a chameleon. They're clowns.

Anyways, that was my Hey-yo!

Hello all, new to the site, thought I would make a brief introduction...

I'm Xylena, and I was inspired to join by my over-enthusiastic boyfriend and friend, you may know them as Dalray and Popik.

It has become a regular tradition to go fish shopping on weekends. I'm not quite as "hardcore", so I get to be "The Level-Headed One". :tongue:

It's been an interesting adventure though, from the 10 gallon Wal Mart special, to our current 3-tank setup, the largest being the 230 gallon freshwater.

The 10 gallon is mine now, I have claimed it for my equally laid-back Pea Puffers and their resident pleco. They sit on my bay windowsill in the kitchen and watch me cook. My favorite thing about them is their ability to move their eyes independently, like a chameleon. They're clowns.

Anyways, that was my Hey-yo!

:thumbs: Sort of sounds like my adventure into this hobby... it started with a 10 gal I PURCHASED randomly for kicks.. to watch guppies breed... to discussions to Patrick buying himself a 75 gal... to a 90 gal.. to what we have now.. he is now the hardcore addict..

I can't get him upstairs anymore!!! His face is stuck to a glass aquariums for hours now.... he needs the 12 step program! LOL

Anyways, :welcome: to AA

Hello my nice and patient and understanding girlfriend/common law partner lol.

Now im not the only one besides Popik that looks like a dork for liking fish so much.

No more bugging me and yes you get to be the level headed one.

p.s. look there you are in my avatar........greatest pit crew ever.

Edited by Dalray

Well isn't that interesting that I've already met people from here! Nice to hear from you, Deborah, how are the ropefish??

And, while I may be the "Voice of Reason", I will say I was incredibly excited at the surprise addition to our tank yesterday! Dal found us a b-e-a-utiful Blue Sapphire discus. I had originally thought that our blue tigerstripes were Sapphires, but they are Cobalts. This little lady has got more of a Blue Diamond coloring, but deeper and richer color. She's magnificent!

I'll get Dal to post up pictures soon. We've also noticed that the male Cobalt seems verrry interested in her, if ya know what I mean!