Tank buddy for my Oscar

oscarfan

What can i put in with my oscar? I've got a growing tank for him right now which is 46 Gallons.. (he's still only around 4") and i'm wondering what i can grow in there with him that won't totally upset him and get him hurt.

Ultimately another cichlid would be ideal.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

oscarfan>>

If the oscar is young [ (he's still only around 4")] .. is this total length? or standard length [ does not include cauldial fin].

Is the oscar on solid food [live feeders/fish] yet?

Do you realize the full potiential of an oscar?

AT this time, assuming the oscar is only 5 to 7 months old, add some other oscars or deceide what you want to have grow out.

Oscars are hunter conivours. Teach them to be such. Work with the oscar..hands on, Put your hand into the tank. Hand feed "him". Swim with him... metaphorically speaking.

Oscars are incrediable fish. Life span eight to ten years is not unusual.

Hide your wallet and disconnect the phone! [ they are very intelligant and know where your credit card is and how to speed dial the local the pizza place .]...

I am not kidd'n. They have and incrediable sences of ownership. they own you!!

If you are fortunate enough to end up with a male and feamale ... BIG TANK... they will spawn. Then the fun begins.

Oscars are a short term fish. Meaning -- most owners fail to accomodate their size/needs. and sell them

Smokey

B)

To set up a dedicated tank for Oscars is an incrediable accomplishment. aka long term.

To see such a species so powerful and graceful is a site to behold.

A large pleco can survive/ co-exsist. if the tank is large enough.!!