Hitchhikers (Help ID)

Sean

Hey Guys,

So its been a few months with my new Nano cube, seems like it is going good, I have been taking it really slow and iv had just the rock and some snails and emerald crabs in the tank. I have yet to put any fish or coral in it. One thing that i have noticed is that there are a few guests that I have not purchased starting to show up. There's lots of worms for starters but they don't seem to bother me too much.. and i will look into a solution to that problem when the time comes.

I have however found 2 new crabs in my tank.. (Or i think they are crabs)

The first little guy I got a picture of and hope you can help me id and see if he needs to find a new home. To describe him in text, he is a dirty orange with brown spots on his back.. his claw is red and he has really really short legs.

The second one I have yet to get a picture of, he is a royal blue color, with a bright orange spot on his claw.. I can't see the rest of him as he hides when i get close.. but I can see him in the shadow and it looks like he has a some sort of arm that catches particles aswell, kind of like a feather duster when it shuts close and then opens. he extends while he uses his claws on the rock to pick up stuff. anyways thats all I really know.. iv been looking around the net for the last day trying to find good reference sites off canreef but can't find anything that just helps id things.. If anyone knows of a place or wants to take a shot in the dark feel free... If i get a picture of the guy ill post it!

The 1st crab not sure what he is what colour are his eyes?....if they are red I would "rock" him more than likely a gorilla crab

The second one sounds like a porcelain crab but usually they are white and tan but it sounds like a filter feeder so he sould be harmless.

And worms are always a good thing they keep everything clean :thumbs:

The 2nd sounds like a porcelin crab to me as well. I have one in my tank and they are filter feeders and he always hides, I rarely ever get a glimpse of him. There are 2 types of Porcelin crabs. One lives amoungest anemone which are white & tan and the other in and amoungest rocks and are blue & orange. Here's a link to show a pic of this type http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_displa...amp;pcatid=1963

I have no idea what the first crab is. I'm new to all this too. I've had my nano for 2 months now but I have some corals, the porcelin crab, snails & peppermint shrimp in mine already.

rock crab.

i dont need to see a picture and i can tell you right now its rock crabs haha.

youll never find a porcelain crab as a hitch hiker.

rock crabs always come in live rock