Suction Cup Handles

Drydock

Hi,

I am looking to move a big tank on Friday and I am looking for some of those big suction cup handles to make it a bit easier. Does anyone have a set that I can borrow or know where you can rent them in Sherwood Park or Edmonton?

Thanks,

Roger

Moving larger tanks with the suction grips makes it a whole lot easier. BUT there are 2 basic kinds - the little ones meant for light jobs such as windshields and the ones meant for tanks and other large jobs. If you move a tank with the ones for the small work and it slips you might have a problem. I know that an acquaintance had a nasty experience with a small one that slipped off the side of the tank and down it went. The best ones for tanks are the type that have to be pumped until they snug up. I also caution against moving the tank until you have wiped the area to be gripped until it is spotless. Even a tiny bit of dirt or grease can cause the grip to slip off.

rona has them in the tile area they aren't that expensive or just return them after

Been there done that bought the T-shirt. The ones rona has in the tile area are ok for tiles, But as far as tanks go they won't even hold a 90gal tank. For a large tank 150gal or more you're better off to use the heavy duty construction grade suction cups that glass shops use for installing large windows.

If you move a tank with the ones for the small work and it slips you might have a problem.

Just at problem? :boom:

Thanks for all your input.

• 3 weeks later...
Every time a have to move a big tank, the guys at Crystal Glass have been very helpful. They let me pick them up at days end and have them back before they start work the next day. I usually buy them some coffee and some timmies.

I'll keep that in mind. The tank move was successful. I have it sitting on my back deck, gathering questions from my neighbors. I have answered, "What IS that?" and, "Why?" about 10 times now... We didn't use the suction cups, but we did use a fridge dolly. Makes it so much easier. I think I am going to need the cups to set the tank in my stand when that's ready, so thanks for the tip about Crystal Glass.