Angel 's with eggs

83BULLDOG

Hey all I just have a quick question I recently have noticed that my angel fish have laid some eggs on the filter tube( which is kinda cool as I have never had any angels lay eggs) but my question is what does it mean if some are white and others aren't and if any make it how lond does it take from egg stage to life ?? Any help greatly appreciated.

when they are white that means they are not furtilized sorry to say, female fish somtimes lay eggs even when theres no male. Iam no angle breeder but sam chicklets will have to have a say in this.

when they are white that means they are not furtilized sorry to say, female fish somtimes lay eggs even when theres no male. Iam no angle breeder but sam chicklets will have to have a say in this.

That's right, the white ones are fungused.. The parents should remove them, so that the others don't get spoilt. The eggs will hatch in 2- 3 days (will look like shimmering jelly) and then the fries will be free swimming in another 2-4 days.. If you want to raise them, you have to be ready with fry food.... Nick can vouch for me or correct me if I am wrong...

The white eggs are unfertilized, it takes about 48 hours for the eggs to hatch into wigglers and an additional 5 days for free swimmers. This will vary a bit in accordance to tank temperature. The time line I gave you is at around 80 degrees, a little warmer a little faster, a little cooler a little slower. Don't expect success with the first few spawns, also a piece of slate standing upright leaning against the side of the tank is my preferred spawning spot.

I also hear angle fish breeders using clay pots.

They will usualy pick their own spot sometimes it's the side of the tank or a plant leaf as well. But if you have the slate chances are they will use it.

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n302/fa...angels003-1.flv

I also hear angle fish breeders using clay pots.

They will usualy pick their own spot sometimes it's the side of the tank or a plant leaf as well. But if you have the slate chances are they will use it.

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n302/fa...angels003-1.flv

Thanks everyone when I got home the white ones were gone

BABIES!!!! I hope it all goes well and hope to see a posting about them in the future. :thumbs: