High Heat Plants

Dalray

Looking at a planted tank for Discus. Would like to know of different set ups as well as different plants that can tolerate high heat.

is there a place i can search for different discus planted tank set ups.?

thank you in advance

Are you a member of the Simply Discus forum. They have a planted discus tank section

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/index.php

• 2 weeks later...
Looking at a planted tank for Discus. Would like to know of different set ups as well as different plants that can tolerate high heat.

is there a place i can search for different discus planted tank set ups.?

thank you in advance

Personally, I've not had much trouble growing plants in my 86-degree C discus tank. Plants I'm currently growing include: amazon swords (Echinodorus 'Ozelot', Echinodorus osiris), Anubias barteri (var. petite nana, coffeefolia), Vallisneria americana (natans), Cryptocoryne wendtii (brown), Cryptocoryne parva, Sagittaria subulata, Java fern, and Nymphaea lotus (zenkeri). My Nymphaea loves this tank and it growing like crazy right now. I would highly recommend any and all amazon swords and small varieties of vallisneria for a high temperature tank. take a look at Tropica's website for temperature info, and check out any planted discus tank forums.

Cheers!