posting pictures

Not sure about you guys, but... a 425 byte picture is pretty small. I tried to downsize one from a few kilobytes to about 30 pixels accross and still didn't meet the byte size requirements by about 500 bytes. and mind you it'd be pretty hard to see any detail from that photo... Is there some other way in which we are supposed to upload photos with our posts? or some html tags to place?

I dont' know about the size requirements for the site but the easiest way to post photos is to upload them to a site like Photobucket or other hosting site. Those sites automatically resize the pics when you upload them, then you just copy and paste the link into your posts.

• 2 months later...

For whatever reason the limits for the Member's group was supposed to be a full megabyte... but it was set at a paltry 100k... ya... poop.

So it's changed now back to the 1 megabyte limit, so you'll have a little more room. Now... if you REALLY want some serious action, the hottest ticket in town is to get your name on the list for one of these swanky new-fangled groups like Calgary and Area, or Edmonton and Area and oh golly gee willikers would you look at how high that limit goes??? 10 whole freaking megabytes all to yourself! Squander it as you may!

Want to get in on the action? Send me a PM and ask nicely and I'll add you to the group you belong in.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this question is redundant,,,

Byte has several huge pictures posted right now in the planted tank section

I managed to post one wimpy sized photo on the community section, now I can't post any more pictures, even on a new post.

My attachment manager says I have used 7 hundred something, leaving about 250 open space

I R REALLLY jealous of those beautiful photo's

how did Byte do it?

Fantastic

Thank You, for replying to my query.

Even as I reply to this post, below on the left it tells me "attachment space used 757.5k of 1 MB"

and on the right "max single upload size 266.5k ,,,so I again, never seem to understand

" the tank is only so big"

I now understand I should use a bucket to hold more photos which should not be a problem as I see the world through 3/8 inch glass and have managed to accumulate quite a fine collection of 5 handled gallon pails, Culligan bottles and various lengths of tubing and to finish this incredibly long sentence I will thank you because I would love nothing more than to siphon off 18.9 metric litres of dank water, mulm and photos into this PContraption , so that we all may benefit. :thumbs:

I enjoy reading on this forum. I find it full of reliable, candid information based on real observations.

Thats the reason I enjoyed that particular post so much. Even on this old machine, a dude like me has no trouble viewing photos, moving avatars, and icons. Its a two part compliment - The site its self is very successfully communicating with my computer; I can even follow posted links which is a sign this decrepit siliconical fire hazard likes you folks--a lot.

Secondly to the participants. It reads like a great story with characters, a plot, a story line, intrigue, suspense ..the beat goes on.

Having the personal observations supported by verifiable facts also contributes to the personal experience of the reader. Including photos creates a completely inclusive topic.

" Hey, I have those plants, that could happen here!"

Fantastic