any sugestions

hey guys

i just got home from work tonight and found that my aquaclear 110 filter was dripping due to the floss being dirty and not letting the water pass through

now it is wet behind my tank and stand, my tank is a 120gal tank with a mdf stand, the stand is warping due to the water , i just would like to know if there

is any stuctural integrity isuses that might be caused by this and what i can do :unsure:

any input would be very much apreciated !!!!

hank you

bowtrout :unsure:

A 120G with water, gravel and decorations weighs what, 1500 lbs? On a wet MDF stand that is already showing signs of warping? I'd be looking for a new stand ASAP, and definitely not another MDF one.

thank you for the reply, the tank and stand are brand new only 2 weeks old , now this !!!!! :unsure:

A 120G with water, gravel and decorations weighs what, 1500 lbs? On a wet MDF stand that is already showing signs of warping? I'd be looking for a new stand ASAP, and definitely not another MDF one.

thank you for the reply, the tank and stand are brand new only 2 weeks old , now this !!!!! :unsure:

I would agree get rid of the MDF stand once it starts to expand it will place uneven pressure on you tank and you will loose the stand and tank (probably no fish yet only 2 weeks old)

I would agree get rid of the MDF stand once it starts to expand it will place uneven pressure on you tank and you will loose the stand and tank (probably no fish yet only 2 weeks old)

post-3463-1215242486_thumb.jpg

post-3463-1215242505_thumb.jpg

post-3463-1215242474_thumb.jpg

Unbelievable that any company would make an aquarium stand out of MDF. MDF essentially just dissolves when it gets wet, which is inevitable in an aquarium application. Ditch that stand ASAP! Before the tank crashes to the floor.

Get yourself a good one or have someone who knows how build one for you (like me).

Best luck to you.

Unbelievable that any company would make an aquarium stand out of MDF. MDF essentially just dissolves when it gets wet, which is inevitable in an aquarium application. Ditch that stand ASAP! Before the tank crashes to the floor.

Get yourself a good one or have someone who knows how build one for you (like me).

Best luck to you.

Hi BOOM im in the market for a new stand :lol: how much do you charge to build a stand for a 120gal 60L x 26H x 18W

i have been looking at the solid pine stands in black , and every one i have talked to said the solid wood stands are more sturdy than a metal one

thanks for your reply

could you post some pic's of stands you have made maby

thank you

I have a stingray from bigal's for my 90gallon tank. It's not warped, but with the unique blend of wood and glue types I figured since they're selling it, they must have tested these types of mdf stands for integrity and they would withstand the pressures. To be honest I don't do much around my tank without completely dousing a large area with water. I also noticed two different mdf densities while installing it. http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl36...stand48x18black

I have a stingray from bigal's for my 90gallon tank. It's not warped, but with the unique blend of wood and glue types I figured since they're selling it, they must have tested these types of mdf stands for integrity and they would withstand the pressures. To be honest I don't do much around my tank without completely dousing a large area with water. I also noticed two different mdf densities while installing it. http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl36...stand48x18black

hey baos

i have a stingray stand for my 65 gal that i bought at big al's also and have had it for almost 5 years now with no problems and i have had a few splashes here and there !!!!! this new stand though it sure didnt take long to soak up water like a sponge :eh: