AquaClear Refugium Mod

BigA

I just glued a piece of plexiglass about 1/4" away from where the water comes into the filter chamber. The plexiglass is just tall enough that water flows over it, but not out of the box. I then used the screen across the overflow to keep the macroalgae in.

Easy-peasy

Posted on canreef:

ac110 mod

You really don't need the channels, I just had them lying around. Can be easily done just siliconing, glueing or cementing for the baffles, etc.

Posted on canreef:

ac110 mod

You really don't need the channels, I just had them lying around. Can be easily done just siliconing, glueing or cementing for the baffles, etc.

I read through the thread on canreef. Looks good. Might have to try that ove this weekend. Can a person use superglue for it? Will it hold? Will it leach toxins into the water? Would silicone be a better bet?

I used superglue but it did not hold as well as I would have liked. The gel (like loctite) would have worked alot better as it would have been thicker, but I didn't have any. So I ended up using the superglue to put it on initially and then used silicone as it is nice and thick and filled in the gaps with a bead. Cyanocrylate is completely reef safe.