The weekend from HELL.

Leon71

UPDATE!!!!

All-Glass is going to cover me for the price of the new tank. :thumbs: I am very impressed with everyone involved. Thank you Big Al's (especially Jeff) for coming through on this one. It took a while, but the outcome is great.

Next will be the 210 gal inwall down in the basement.

Thanks, Leon

Holy smokes, if that was upstairs it would have caused way more damage than just the carpet and underlay. The crack on that thing does not tell me it is normal for a properly built tank. My fluval osaka tank came with a 1/8" foam underlay for in between, so hopefully if my tank ever broke they would not tell me the warranty is void because of that reason. To me if you don't have a tank on foam, and it is sitting on an unlevel surface, that is much more of a hazard than having that foam to help it to be level. My 90 gallon tank was at least 7 years old when the silicon decided to spring a leak, I got the tank from BA's here in Calgary.

Firestorm,

The tank was in my study on the main floor. It was raining in the basement right by one of the floor vents. Good thing the sump is also in that corner of the basement. I figure that 80 gal of water hit the floor. I was also lucky that I had not finished the drywall and ceilings in the basement.

All is good.

Leon

oh dear, reading all of this, I wonder if I have a problem waiting to happen.....i have a 6 month old 45 'tall' gallon tank and stand. when we set it up upstairs and after that noticed my floor is slanted a little. it is off a bit from the side to side. the whole stand is tilted a tiny bit..........is this a nightmare waiting to happen?? is that a really stupid question?? lol

I think this was a rare occasion. Keep in mind that the tank was dead level side to side and front to back. There is no way that the stand twisted either.

A little bit off level is ok. It is more important that the tank is supported evenly at each end with no twisting.

Leon