Community tank, adding Betta

Lana Bollers

Zebra snails are great tankmates for Bettas. Zebra snails(or spotted nerite snails work too) look cool, won't eat plants but are great algae eaters and will keep the glass clean.

I keep amano shrimps with my betta in a 5g. If you want to try shrimp its best to try out some cheap Ghost shrimp first to see if they get eaten. IF they dont' you can move on to the expensive shrimps. Amanos are larger then some of the fancy shrmip so they tend to work best. I've also kept Cherry shrimps in my planted betta tanks.

Thank you for the idea's, my daughters splended betta seems to be a more agressive eater then my son's crown tail. I like her betta he is so cool, and he doesn't seem to have an anger managment problem like the crown tail, he seems to get huffy at his own shadow...

I need to buy him a bigger tank too so he can be more enjoyed, but right now I don't have room until I move the one tank to my daughters room, but I have to wait until this other tank is done it's cycle.

Then the fish will all get new homes and will be much more happy!

Cynthia has stated she would like my congo tetra's and black skirt, however if that falls through Aquarium illusions also said they would take them, so they will go back to the store and hopefully someone with a much larger tank can purchase them.

Lana