Wow is it hot!!!

I think all new tanks go in the Basement!

Made big mistake yesterday, I moved some fish..

I transitioned them for 30 mins but found them dead today

There was a 10 degree temperature difference between the tanks.. I guess another lesson learned..

I can see why the LFS carry limited number of fish in august.... sucks

I think all new tanks go in the Basement!

Made big mistake yesterday, I moved some fish..

I transitioned them for 30 mins but found them dead today

There was a 10 degree temperature difference between the tanks.. I guess another lesson learned..

I can see why the LFS carry limited number of fish in august.... sucks

I know I am boiling and I am not even in water!!!

This is to stink'n hot!!! :shock:

Lana

I have had the same problem with the heat and needing to transfer fish, I lost about 50-60 fry, What I find works well and I have done succefully is put all or some of my fish into a bucket say I have them in one or two gallons on water I will add approx 1 Liter of water (from the tank im moving them to) into the bucket, 15 min later add another Liter, 15 min later another Liter and then one last Liter 15 min later. This is a 1 hour process... 1L x 4. Say they are in a bag from the store you can either follow the same process right out of the bag or put them in a big bowl etc. when I do this with bagged fish I add a quarter 1/4 cup of tank water every 15 min. Not only does this help with safe temp changes it is proven safe out of my experience to adapt highly sensative fish to PH and hardness changes. I hope this helps, I have lost fish because I got impatient and didnt want to wait and hour.

I 'cheat'

I have made ice cubes out of treated chlorine free water and just drop them into the tank(s) when it gets to hot. My 100G isn't that bad and ice cubes don't do much but my35 G upstairs, ice cubes can make a big difference.

Fish love them, they follow the cubes around and seem to stay close to the cool melting water stream sometimes visible emanating from the ice.

I "cheat" even more, I put normal ice cubes into a zip lock bag and float it in the tank until they melt, it works pretty well. I try to put it near the filter outlet to move the water around it more and avoid local cold spots.