Need help with plywood tank bracing

bottomdweller_fan

Calling all engineers, carpenters, framers, and handypeople!!!

I have done further research and was wondering if the framing shown in this thread would be enough to contain 350 gallons of water in a 96" by 36" by 24" high tank. It continues on three sides of the tank. The tank sits on a stand completely made of brick.

Thank you again for all your help, I really appreciate it!

I don't see why that tank would not hold It looks like it is overbuilt and far stronger than it needs to be. Just be careful selecting your matterial as a lot of it will twist and warp when it dries, also check for nots and bark. The quality of building matterials is not what it used to be.

I have to second on that tank being WAY overbuilt. Check out GARF if you haven't already - though they only provide advice for up to 96" long and 48" wide, they don't mention anything about external bracing. I had a tank in Malawi that was 96" x 36" x 24" with no external bracing - just a 1" x1" piece along the bottom at the back, and a cross-brace at the top in them middle. I'm planning a 96x48x20 and definitely won't be doing any of the massive external bracing seen in your link. Good luck!