Protein Skimmers

bowtrout

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My new tunze seems pretty good, only been running it for 9 days though. The Aqua C Remora is a pretty good skimmer for the money. I don't own an ASM but have seen them work and the skimmate is pretty impressive. There aren't many positive comments on the prizms or the coralife super skimmers, I don't own either, so no real opinion on those.

Most in sump skimmers are going to be pretty quite, I have yet to hear a hang on that I would call quite. And I'm another one that really dislikes the Prizm's. I have a Hydor Performer that I just absolutely love, it's quite, bubble free, and a real producer. I'll bet I'm getting 3 to 4 times the amount of nice dark skimmate than i did with any previous skimmer.

stay away from from Coralife skimmers, they don't skim worst a dam. Most people who buy them eventually sell them because of disappointing performance. Those who keep them, don't know better. You need to provide us a little more info about your setup/livestock, etc... for us to better assist you. There are endless brands and price ranges these days. Best advise as always is to not skim on a skimmer as you will pay double in the end.