fugu saddle puffer

interlude

Hey guys, I just went to big al's and saw some puffers labelled fugu saddle puffer. Does anybody know what their actual name is? I cant seem to find any info on them.

Thanks

I think I found it.. it was in the freshwater section, they are suppose to be a brackish/marine puffer.

Takifugu ocellatus. In my experience they did better in brackish to marine condition and lower temperature as well. Tough puffer to keep as their survival rate are pretty low. BUT a few people are fortunate enough to keep them healthy. Mine was very healthy until it went carpet surfing.

Js

Most puffers that I had was aggressive. However, my fugu was able to cohabitate with a equally aggressive royal gramma, clownfish, and flame angel. He liked to bury himself in the sand and was pretty laid back. HOWEVER, each puffer, even of the same species, may have very different personality. Don't put a puffer in a tank with rare fish that you would not want to lose.

Jonah

• 4 weeks later...