230 Gallon CA/SA tank ideas

Parachromis1

230 CA/SA Tank.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I have been doing some thinking, and I think it's time to redo my big tank.

Right now I have a Silver Arowana, 2 Managuense, 2 Midas, 3 Silver Dollars, and 2 Lenticulata Pikes.

I think that its time I reorganize my big tank and put the fish else where.

My Silver Aro unfortunately has got to go.

In other tanks I currently have growing up: 6 1" Lyonsi, 1 1" Istlantum, 2 2" Umbees, 1 2.5" Argentea, a 2" Escondido, and a 2" Regani, and a 5" Loiselli "La Ceiba".

So here was what I was thinking; moving one Midas(Barred or white?) to a 60 gallon w/ the two Pikes, selling my Aro, selling one of the Midas' or keeping it in the big tank, selling the female Managuense, and keeping the big Mang. and the Dollars in the 230.

What should I do for stocking on the "newly" designed 230?

All thoughts and speculations are welcome thanks!!

Quinn

Also, this doesn't have to happen for a couple months!

since you asked, heres my suggestion,..

Throw out all those fish and buy some bass!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

and a rtc x shovelnose hybrid :smokey:

I think you should try something like Kolewolf's set -up. You can check it out in the freshwater photography section. I don't know if would work out long term but his logic is similar to those crowding Africans. Just be prepared to shuffle some fish around. You already have some good stock to start out with.

UPDATE:

Arowana, white Midas, and female Jag are gone, and the La Cieba is now in there with the big dogs, holding his own, flaring out at everything that moves.

Next fish to go in there will be the Argentea, it's gained .5" since I got it 2 weeks ago.

Man Don's fish grow pretty quick lol most of my Haits grew about half an inch so far too :)

UPDATE:

Arowana, white Midas, and female Jag are gone, and the La Cieba is now in there with the big dogs, holding his own, flaring out at everything that moves.

Next fish to go in there will be the Argentea, it's gained .5" since I got it 2 weeks ago.

Man Don's fish grow pretty quick lol most of my Haits grew about half an inch so far too :)

YEah, my Argentea is HUGE already lol.

get a front tank or a peacock bass tank that would be cool.

Not really into that, my fish are pretty diversified, the only thing I would add is a Hait from Ryan.