Apistogramma availablility

dwaynew

I recall when I was much more active in teh hobby that htere were quite a few apistos available and generally in many different stores. I recently am trying to get back into the hobby in a bigger way and want to get back into the apistos but am having a hard time finding them. It is really ahrd way up norther where I am but even when I get to Calgary and Edmonton there does not seem to be a big selection. Is there still a good following of the dwarfs? I know when I lived in Calgary there was even quit a few folks in the club there that were breeding anumber of different apistogrammas. There are a few species that used to be popular that even seem to have fell out of favor, spcifically macmasteri and steindachneri. Let me know what you all think. It may be harder to get back into this side of the hobby than I thouhgt.

Look forward to others thouhgts on the matter.

DWaynew

There are sometimes a couple species at Big Al's - Panduro and Nijsini, I think. Aquarium Enthusiasts had a few different species earlier in the year. I know there are a couple people here on AA that are trying to breed a few spp, but not sure how many they've spawned.

What you're saying about their availability is true - about 10 yrs ago, there were a lot of Apistos available; now, hardly any.

I recall when I was much more active in teh hobby that htere were quite a few apistos available and generally in many different stores. I recently am trying to get back into the hobby in a bigger way and want to get back into the apistos but am having a hard time finding them. It is really ahrd way up norther where I am but even when I get to Calgary and Edmonton there does not seem to be a big selection. Is there still a good following of the dwarfs? I know when I lived in Calgary there was even quit a few folks in the club there that were breeding anumber of different apistogrammas. There are a few species that used to be popular that even seem to have fell out of favor, spcifically macmasteri and steindachneri. Let me know what you all think. It may be harder to get back into this side of the hobby than I thouhgt.

Look forward to others thouhgts on the matter.

DWaynew

I have spawned some cacatuoides orange flash a month ago:the fry are doing well. :thumbs:

John

I feel your pain. I have been wanting to buy some good quality apistos for some time now. I have seen some at pisces, but they have never really caught my eye. Definitely not very good quality. I hardly ever see anyone selling them around here. I know there are some online stores I have seen them on, but that's about it.

John, do you have any pics of your parents? I have really wanted to get some cacatuoides.

I feel your pain. I have been wanting to buy some good quality apistos for some time now. I have seen some at pisces, but they have never really caught my eye. Definitely not very good quality. I hardly ever see anyone selling them around here. I know there are some online stores I have seen them on, but that's about it.

John, do you have any pics of your parents? I have really wanted to get some cacatuoides.

Yes a bad one with an old camera from August this year.