AquaGiant 8g Tank

Becky

I bought a used tank (Thanks, sharuq1) complete with 50+ cherry shrimp. I knew when I bought it the light was not working because the ballast is wrecked. I suspect due to the super condensation that I'm getting under the lid. Has anyone figured out a fix for this? I can replace the electrical stuff under the hood, but I think it won't last long because its just going to get soaked in a few days.

If I use silicone around the little plastic cover, I won't be able to replace light bulbs, etc. So any ideas? I've e-mailed AquaGiant but so far no response.

Thanks.

If i remember i'll ask them next time i'm in AG. I'm thinking though that you could always sillycone it then when the bulb need replacing cut the sillycone off and silicone it again.

Possibly, I see there is a bit of a lip around the top of the tank, about a 1/4" or so. Might work. I'll take some measurements into a glass shop.

You might be able to get a new seal for it or new cover? Or you could try running a thin flat bead of silicone over the edges of the plastic cover and where it goes, let dry and put a bit of vaseline bewteen the two when you stick them together. Personally, i would just get a piece of glass cut, it's pretty cheap for a little piece. Then you could put any light over it, or you could rewire in a better ballast for a nicer bulb within the canopy for looks.