history and back ground

NWCD

Hi Everyone,

I would like your help me about my two exotic lake malawi peacock's background and history are true facts.

I spoked my friend who sold me to asked them about their history and back ground now I know about. My post for sale are not MISLEAD. because I said that "tank raise cross wild back" because I dont know about their history and back ground until I found out about them.

my Aulonocara Ngara Flametail adults are F-1. I bought from him who comes from USA. He breeded the offsprings Aulonocara Ngara Flametail f-1 from their Parents are wild cought F-0. so he Sold me F-1 and I bought wild cought. I put them together in the same tank I breed them.

I put wild cought F-0 and F-1 in breed tank. the offsprings what it called?

Another breed tank they are brothers and sisters F-1. I have babies F-2.

The parents F-1 x wild cought now I have babies. The offsprings are F-2 or f-1 x WC ? what it called them?

My Aulonocara Maleri Island Sunshine adults are F-2 I bought from my frined breeder in USA He breeded them from their Great parents were wild cought. The parents are F-1. The offsrpings are F-2 which they sold to me.

I breeded the Aulonocara Maleri Island Sunshine F-2 x Wild cought Aulonocara Maleri Island Sunshine I have babies. What called them?

Another breed tank they are brothers and sisters F-2. I have babies are F-3.

thanks for your feedback and no MISLEAD.

Duncan

I put wild cought F-0 and F-1 in breed tank. the offsprings what it called?

wild x F1 no filial # would be assigned

Another breed tank they are brothers and sisters F-1. I have babies F-2.

correct, these would be F2

The parents F-1 x wild cought now I have babies. The offsprings are F-2 or f-1 x WC ? what it called them?

same as the first group, wild x F1 no filial # would be assigned

My Aulonocara Maleri Island Sunshine adults are F-2 I bought from my frined breeder in USA He breeded them from their Great parents were wild cought. The parents are F-1. The offsrpings are F-2 which they sold to me.

I breeded the Aulonocara Maleri Island Sunshine F-2 x Wild cought Aulonocara Maleri Island Sunshine I have babies. What called them?

wild x F2 no filial # would be assigned

Another breed tank they are brothers and sisters F-2. I have babies are F-3.

Basically in the fish breeding trade, once you cross a wild caught with a certain filial, such as F1, they no longer fit into the typical classification such as F1, F2, etc.

Certainly nothing wrong with calling the offspring WC x F1.

Edited by RD.

Thanks for your assit information Neil,

Hey Kyle you can add post on it. Everyone can learn more about this.

When the parents Wild cought x F-1. The offsprings called wild x F1 no filial # would be assigned. What is about the offsprings grow adults they would be (Dad)Wild x F-1 x (mom) Wild x F-1 = What called the offsprings?

thanks again

Duncan

No problem Duncan.

(Dad)Wild x F-1 x (mom) Wild x F-1 = What called the offsprings?

The offspring would be called tank raised fish, but you could also mention that the parents were Wild x F1.

That may not make sense to you, but that's the way it is.

Yes, they would be called tank-raised, but it would be very helpful to mention to buyers that the parents were Wild X F1. That way, they would know how great of a genetic diversity the offspring have.

thanks for your feed back Neil Again, Dunl.

now I know about this. Next time I will put AD for sale more explain and history about them.

I am sorry about mix up in AD when my peacocks for sale.

All guy have a great day

takecare

Duncan

I have questions for you,

What is about( Dad)Wild x F-1 x (mom) Wild x F-1 the offsprings are tank raise.

and Wild cought parents the offsprings F-1. The parents F-2 the offsprings F-3

The offspring are tank raise and F-3 are the same?

thanks again

Duncan

Duncan - The manner in which filial terms are used in the fish hobby, differ greatly from how they are used by the scientific community.

I don't agree with all of it, but it seems very ingrained at this point so most people refer to fish with these definitions in mind.

Offspring of wild = F1

Offspring of F1 = F2

etc-etc

After F2 most people don't care, and they start to fall into the 'tank raised'

definition.

Your breeder males & females may be very good quality, and as Dunl suggested it would be well worth mentioning the fact that they are wild x F1, but they still would not be assigned a filial number such as F1 or F2.

Edited by RD.

I think you essentially could call a wild x F1 = F2, but I feel that you'd be selling yourself short, as most F2's people would normally believe to be a brother/sister pairing, whereas the wild x F1 would most likely be unrelated bloodlines. I've got that situation developing with my Ps. polit, and I'll be referring to the offspring as from a wild x F1 pairing.

I'd definately be more interested in buying a F1 x Wild offspring than F2....for Kyle's exact reasonings. Actually, I would probably be more interested in buying F-whatever x Wild offspring..... Many times it simply means better genetics.

Couldn't one call the offspring of a wildxF1, an F2? (Being that the F1 parent is the "worst")

I suppose you could, but it certainly wouldn't be in your best interests, for reasons already posted by dunl & Kyle.

Wild x any filial # is generally better than F2 stock, especially if the the F1 parents are related, which in most cases they are. (if you're looking for genetic diversity)