Combining Monsters...

terrors r us

Combining Giants///  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

750 gallon!!!!!! Now thats a fish tank, where do you get a tank of that size? How in the h#ll do you move it? A pic of this is a must when its set up, here I was happy with my 230 gallon! Guess I need a new one now!

The tanks are acrylic and are made in Los Vegas(I think)...

You can order them though a branch of theirs called "Living Color"...

here in Edmonton.......

How do we move it????? Good question!!!!!

Six guys & six industrial suction cups..... and HOPE everything goes well!!!!!!

I have pic's of this project from the begining and will post all once the tanks are in place..

(Very Soon!!!!).............thanks

A think a fully mature Festae would be fine.

The Haits I would worry about bloat though....I would invest in a UV sterilizer haha.

Yes the dreadfull BLOAT issue.......I am raising the heat to 82f or 84f while the fish

are small,also a U.V. sterilizer,also many caves of different sizes,also many water

changes & lastly I will keep a few in a small solo tank as spares...just in case...

One thing I won't be able to do is a low protein diet due to the others in the tank

but I will not feed them until their bellies burst either!!!!!

I had my temp up to 86 , fed them food with garlic in it, had lots of hiding spots, seemed like they were doing great then all of a sudden one day one got it. then after that just about every day others got it. Theres only 2 left now and quinn has both of them. Hope you have better luck than me, they look sweet when adults :)

I had my temp up to 86 , fed them food with garlic in it, had lots of hiding spots, seemed like they were doing great then all of a sudden one day one got it. then after that just about every day others got it. Theres only 2 left now and quinn has both of them. Hope you have better luck than me, they look sweet when adults :)

I know have them in a heavily planted/rocked tank, with the temp up to 91 actually, 50% wc's every other day now too.

I'm going to buy a UV sterilizer as one of the 2 still seem to have it!!

hey Ryan, sad about your loss.... how many were in that tank? what size of tank?

what size were the fish when you got them and when they got bloat?

how many other species were in there? Was there alot of fighting between

them or between other species? What type of food? How much per day?

Any info. you could give me would be great!!! Maybe one day one of us

can figure out this problem!!!!!!!!!!! thanks

hey Ryan, sad about your loss.... how many were in that tank? what size of tank?

I got 6 Haitiensis in a 120 gallon (4x2x2)

The fish were anywhere from 1.5 - 2" when I got them, they bloated the biggest one was a little over 3" smallest one being a little over 2.

Only other thing in the tank was 3 Honduran red points, and 2 clown loaches. No fighting at all, everyone ignored eachother, only fighting was within the Hait's

Feeding them New Life Spectrum TherA pelets, and Spirulina twice a day.

Temp was 86 consistantly, and I did between a 30-50% waterchange every 3 days.

After doing what I did i thought theres no way that they will bloat up for me lol. Anyways, hope my experience helped and let me know how yours do when you get them :)

I got 6 Haitiensis in a 120 gallon (4x2x2)

The fish were anywhere from 1.5 - 2" when I got them, they bloated the biggest one was a little over 3" smallest one being a little over 2.

Only other thing in the tank was 3 Honduran red points, and 2 clown loaches. No fighting at all, everyone ignored eachother, only fighting was within the Hait's

Feeding them New Life Spectrum TherA pelets, and Spirulina twice a day.

Temp was 86 consistantly, and I did between a 30-50% waterchange every 3 days.

After doing what I did i thought theres no way that they will bloat up for me lol. Anyways, hope my experience helped and let me know how yours do when you get them :)

Ditto, doing everything perfect and they still die.

I'm thinking of getting one just for a tank in crappy condition, and then it will probably live lol.

Didn't you use Metronidazole on them when they started bloating up too?