Just a question

I have noticed this for a while, but never said anything. How come certain people on this site get "special" names when they move up to certain posting levels, but some of us get the regular plain old names of fish? I'm sorry but to me this shows me that certain people are playing "favorites", and to me this just reminds me of good old high school where the teachers had "pets". And honestly, how do you people think this makes other people feel, when it is obvious that some people work hard to contribute to this site, and get nothing in return. So in my honest and strong opinion, why can you guys not just stick with the same names for everyone when they move up in levels? I don't mind about certain people, who obviously deserve to have special treatment for their contribution in certain areas, but just for the sake of all us plain people coming on here trying to get advice or offer advice. Can any of the mods or admins please tell me why this is? And I am sure I am not the only person who has noticed this and has wanted to say something.............

The default mode is for the name to change with the number of posts you've made - the more posts, the more difficult fish name you get. However, as thegrandpoohbah has mentioned, you can change that yourself if you like.

The admins did decide what ranks people get via their post count.

If you go to My Controls and input a custom title, this overrides the automatic ranking system. It's not a new set of ranks, it's just one title for yourself. Try it.