Strawberry Fry Colour Question

MarkN

I had my first batch of Strwberries a couple of weeks ago. All babies are doing great and growing like weeds, my question is this. There is a major colour variance between allot of the fish. From a nice orange to a drab brown/grey. Would this be male female? If not what?

Thanks Mark

I had my first batch of Strwberries a couple of weeks ago. All babies are doing great and growing like weeds, my question is this. There is a major colour variance between allot of the fish. From a nice orange to a drab brown/grey. Would this be male female? If not what?

Thanks Mark

From my experience with strawberries I've never been able to sex them at a couple of weeks old. So I doubt that the color differences have anything to do with male/female. I've also never seen stawberry fry that are brown/grey but when you breed hybrids you often get fry that end up looking nothing like their parents. I have tons of OB peacock fry, 90% look like OB's the other 10% are a plain grey with some faint stripes.

Keith

I had the same thing happen Mark. Grow out some of the dark ones . Mine turned out really rice and lots of color. Dark bodys and blue heads , Very nice looking fish