Who has the best price?

Go4Long

so if I were to put 2 300 watts in the tank and the room is decent temperature to begin with it should be ok?

and, uh, who's frank on here? :unsure:

That would be me.

The days of the good deals are over for the FX5. Yes I can get them cheaper, but by the time you pay shipping or travel up here to get them, You might as while just check out the

city.

Also for a tank that size I would run two of them.

As for heaters, I have 2-200watt heaters on my 240 gal and find I have to unplug one. With the lights and the two heaters it just gets to warm.

ah...frank is frank...lol.

alright, i'll poke around some more in town for a good price on the fx5 and pick up two 300 watt heaters. like I said, i'm hoping to do an fx5 and an ac110 for filtration...given that i'm keeping the stocking levels low I think that should be enough.

Also, as a heating option since you are setting up a cannister filter, I would highly suggest one we were talking about in another thread, the Hydor in-line heater. You can get it up to 300 watts. It means you don't have to look at a heater in your tank, it's easier to deal with and mine has been very reliable. You could even put two in line so that you have a back up or to give that extra kick of power if it got really cold.

ah...frank is frank...lol.

alright, i'll poke around some more in town for a good price on the fx5 and pick up two 300 watt heaters. like I said, i'm hoping to do an fx5 and an ac110 for filtration...given that i'm keeping the stocking levels low I think that should be enough.

Yes lol.

If you ever come up towards Edmonton, I can get ya a deal on an FX5.

River front has all of there AC for 30% off, I dont know the original price to start.

As for the fx 5 I saw at tanks a lot a new one for $350, or on used calgary i was talking to someone that has one for $200 and its 6 months old. She asked me to email her back. are you interested

• 3 weeks later...