How Much Salt??

Blue Ram

How much salt can I add (per 10 gallons) to keep it tolerable for cories & loaches. I'm using it to treat a possible fungi or external parasite problem so I need to use as much as I safely can. The cories & loaches are not affected but the other fish are. I am also going to use melafix & pimafix as prescribed. I'm going this route before going to more extreme medications. Don't think melafix & pimafix should be a problem with the salt. Tank will also get daily water changes and lots of aeration.

I would keep it to 1 tbsp just because the loaches can be sensitive. Increasing heat with melafix and pimafix will help also. I know the melafix shouldn't cause problems but I'm not sure about the pimafix, I'm sure it's very safe but don't think it's as natural as product and melafix. Good luck!

When I had a parasite problem (on WC fish), I added about a tbsp of salt per 5gal, then added the daily dosage of melafix every day for 7 days. THEN, I did a 50% WC (as directed on the bottle of melafix).