Pond Plants in 210 gallon African Cichlid Tank

soliver

There is no reason at all not to have plants in a cichlid tank. Have a look in the lakes, or a picture on the net if you haven't had the chance to visit the lakes in person. They are full of plants! So it really makes no sense when people insist on plantless tanks when the fish have been coexsisting with 100's of different species of flora in thier natural habitat since long before any of us were born. There are many tanks full of healthy thriving plants and cichlids. You are welcome to come and check out my planted Tangyanikan tanks anytime. The plants provide oxygen, hiding places, help keep the water clean and make it look a lot more natural and beautiful. Never forget that regardless of what humans try to tell you, the fish and plants have never read the books or the forums on the net and have lived together happily for millions of years. Is not the ultimate goal of any aquarist to recreate the natural beauty found in nautre? Just my humble opinion...

Cheers

:beer:

Edited by Burbot

Use an elastic band, thread, fishing line or staple. I've used all of these, and I don't think I'll use fishing line again because it never breaks down - the other 3 will eventually.

You can also take a razor knife and cut some lines in the wood and the roots attach a lot faster.