Might as well introduce myself

bozco

I'm from Calgary, and I'm 16 years old. I started my first tank a few weeks before my 15th birthday, as something to lighten up my teenaged room.

I used to play sports, and the only animal I was really interested in was my dog, which I had purchased for myself the year before. Since then, however, I have suffered a serious back injury and have had to find otherways to spend my free time.

I now have 4 birds (3 budgies and a moutached parrot) the dog of course (border collie x aussie shepherd) and 4 fishtanks (10, 5, 5, and 33) I buy the small ones used because that is what I can afford.

I am currently running 3 planted tanks, and waiting to plant the last one. And my 33 is a south american biotope. I am also setting up a storage bin in the backyard this summer with lots of plants to see if my white cloud minnows will breed for me. I have already bred swords guppies, and my angel fish pair have attempted to raise eggs, but were no successful

Unfortunatly, though I am well read on birds and dogs, and have alot of knowledge on their health and behaviour. I am still practically clueless about fish. I find it one of the hardest topics to research and that people don't seem to want to answer my questions when I do ask. Anyways, I hope I can learn something here and I hope you will all have patience with me.

My tanks:

10 gal heated/planted 4 mini puffers and 6 kuli loaches

5 gal partially planted unheated 5 white cloud mountain minnows and one male betta

5 gal planted/heated 4 guppies and one harliquen raspbora (accidently bagged with another fish at the store)

33 gal planted/heated angel fish pair, 3 bronze cory cats, 12 cardinal tetras and 2 glowlite tetras (survivors of a disease they shoal with the cardinals)