Bristlenose Pleco Babies

williewonka

I found a dozen or so eggs sitting in the filter and they hatched out in the last day or so. With the fish in the tank that they are in, I don't think they will be very safe with the parents.

What I'm interested in knowing is... what would be the best thing to feed them after the yolk sac is gone? I have very fine fry food.. would that do as a starter? I'm also thinking of putting them into an established cherry shrimp tank.. I assume in the short term the shrimp wouldn't bother them.. Would they be okay in there for a few months until they got to a size they might harass the shrimp?

Thanks Fred

Congrats, Fred!:thumbs:

I used to raise BN kids in a tank w. Cherry Shrimp, they'll be fine together indefinitely. I feed BN babies the same as adults. NLS sinking wafers, NLS Grow and zuccinni.

congrats Fred!

I had my first batch of fry about 3 weeksw ago. Then yesterday I was doing a waterchange on my fry tank, which the first batch is in with some very small electric yellow cichlids, and I noticed my male fanning another clutch of eggs. Today after a Walmart run I saw a few of those eggs "swimming" around.

They grow up so fast :cry:

Derek