Camallanus help

cichlidkid

will Discomed work? its main active ingredient is levamisole. these are :cuss: expensive fish so they better as :cuss: not die.

I can make no recommendatons on any products that I have not used or that were recommended to me. In the case of Safeguard I have used it and it was recommended to me by a fellow hobbyist who is also a Vet. The problem with products that contain levamisole is that they may also contain other ingredients that can kill your fish so you need to talk to somone with some knowledge. I can understand your anxiety but your fish are not going to die suddenly because of callamanus worms. They take their slow toll on the fish basically sucking the life out of them in a slow deliberate manner. You can send email to Cindy at www.wormer.com and see if they can overnight you some Levamisole or get the Safeguard loally and give it a try. By the way, if you have given or sold any of your fish recently it would be a good idea to notify those people so they can take the appropriate actions.

Rick

I can make no recommendatons on any products that I have not used or that were recommended to me. In the case of Safeguard I have used it and it was recommended to me by a fellow hobbyist who is also a Vet. The problem with products that contain levamisole is that they may also contain other ingredients that can kill your fish so you need to talk to somone with some knowledge. I can understand your anxiety but your fish are not going to die suddenly because of callamanus worms. They take their slow toll on the fish basically sucking the life out of them in a slow deliberate manner. You can send email to Cindy at www.wormer.com and see if they can overnight you some Levamisole or get the Safeguard loally and give it a try. By the way, if you have given or sold any of your fish recently it would be a good idea to notify those people so they can take the appropriate actions.

Rick

thanks.

no I have never sold a fish out of this tank except my jag. and that was at the auction

no but I used this other stuff from big alls. It said to use a mask while mixing it, needless to say it was pretty strong. the worms are gone and the swelling of the anal is going down. I just pray that there are no worms left inside. I still wouldnt mind getting some levamisole though, just as a second precaution.

no but I used this other stuff from big alls. It said to use a mask while mixing it, needless to say it was pretty strong. the worms are gone and the swelling of the anal is going down. I just pray that there are no worms left inside. I still wouldnt mind getting some levamisole though, just as a second precaution.

definetly a good sign if the worms are not visible and the swelling is reduced.What was the name of the product you bought from Big Al's. My levamisole arrived today from the U.S. You can order it directly from www.wormer.com

Rick

i checked the internal parasite medication by jungle lab...the one the is in the fish food flake. it contains metra (something?) praziquantel and levamisole...talking about three powerful antiparasitic meds!

goodl luck...

p.s. it is available at petsmart

js

i checked the internal parasite medication by jungle lab...the one the is in the fish food flake. it contains metra (something?) praziquantel and levamisole...talking about three powerful antiparasitic meds!

goodl luck...

p.s. it is available at petsmart

js

very few stores will stock medicated flake food due to the limited shelf life of the product. When Tetra was selling their anti parasitic and anti bacterial food they came with an adhesive label on the bottom of the container with the expiry date. Funny how most of those labels would be removed when you went to buy some. I don't think any store in Winnipeg stock the product anymore.

Rick