Hey

Richer

Hey everyone, its nice to find an Albertan forum predominately occupied with FW keeping. I wish I knew of this resource a long time ago.

My father started the ball rolling when I was young. He kept several things when I was young, but the one tank I remember the most was his arowana tank. I don't know how big the tank was, but it looked huge from my prespective (I think it was around 180-200gallons). I started keeping FW fish about 5-6 years ago after receiving a single betta in a 1 gallon bowl. This 1 gallon bowl quickly evolved into a 15gallon planted tank complete with a 55watt PC light fixture, and a DIY CO2 system after I did some research on the internet. This tank was shut down a couple years later when the betta died. Shortly afterwards, I started keeping malawi cichlids in a 20gallon bowfront, within a few short weeks this also evolved into a 65gallon tank complete with an Eheim 2026 filter, and 2 AC300s. Even though cichlids were interesting, the planted aspect of this hobby seemed more interesting for me. About 3 years ago, I started the setup of a new 65gallon planted tank. This setup was lit by a 220watt PC DIY fixture from ahsupply, and had a pressurized CO2 system. It was my pride and joy for quite awhile. However, over the past year or so, the pressure of university, work, etc. got the better of me and the tank started going downhill. This tank was unfortunately taken down a couple months ago.

Presently, I still have my cichlid tank, but I am more involved with the SW aspect of this hobby, probably because I found a predominately SW Canadian forum about a year ago. Who knows, maybe after hanging around here long enough, I'll seriously get back into FW again ^_^

-Rich