My First Saltwater Tank

Blue-Wolf

Thanks for the updated pics. I'm always envious of salty tank owners, its just pure eye candy nice job.

Thank you. I am now considering setting up my Bowfront tank as a small saltwater community as well. Haven't completely decided yet. Was going to do my 48 or 55, but I think I'll progressively move up before I jump in to something too big. :)

Thanks for the updated pics. I'm always envious of salty tank owners, its just pure eye candy nice job.

Thank you. I am now considering setting up my Bowfront tank as a small saltwater community as well. Haven't completely decided yet. Was going to do my 48 or 55, but I think I'll progressively move up before I jump in to something too big. :)

Jason, I'm curious to know how it is you have all this marine equipment? This was your first salty setup and yet your pushing for another one? Care to lone me five bucks buddy? :hey:

Nick

Jason, I'm curious to know how it is you have all this marine equipment? This was your first salty setup and yet your pushing for another one? Care to lone me five bucks buddy? :hey:

Nick

Just been working on it, and donations from family and friends. :) I have always been a HUGE fan of saltwater fish, and could only seem to do Freshwater tanks becuase I didn't know what I wanted in a Saltwater. But now that I am getting to know how it works and have actually been researching it, and have my first tank set up, and and And ANd AND... :P Sorry, got excited there. WHEW!

Seriously, now that I have an established tank and haven't killed anything, I want to go bigger and better. Have ideas on how to start them up with what I have and get them going, then slowly get what I need to get it to a live state, stocked, and admired. :)

As for the 5 Bux, sorry. But I need the cash to support my nasty fish habbit. :)

Very nice I'm planning a small about 16 gal nano salt... I only hope that its as lovely as your tank.

Thank you, but I have to admit, If I would have started with a 55 at least, I'd be having less maintenace issues with it than I am now. Small tanks are nice, just VERY high maintenance in my opinion. My friend has a 50 or 55 gal tank and his maintenance is minimal at best. Tank does very well. My 20 needs water every couple days, just to even out the salinity, not to mention the nitrates and nitrites that build up quick in a small er tank if they are watched. But, all things considered, I still like it very much. :)