Found 2 of these in my tank...

Blue-Wolf

Found 2 of these in my rock, but not positive what they are... They were side by side one night, and on other ends of the tank the next day and have not moved since... I think they are something i want to get rid of as they are kind of like a bad weed from what I have read...

Am I right?? Are these things Aiptasia??

post-3861-1231040734_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jason

Just about any salt store will have the juice. There are a couple different brands that are basically the same stuff. Joe's Juice, Fauna Marin's is called aiptasia destroyer ( I think), Taylored aquatics makes one too. Just ask for aiptasia destroyer and the person at the store should know what you are talking about.

Well, after talking to the guys at Big Al's, I found a cheap, yet seeming QUITE effective way of getting rid of them...

BOIL some water, take a turkey baster, put about 10 to 15 ML of boiling water in it, place in tank on top of pest, and slowly spray it. Kills them quite nicely I must say. This is the same advice my friend gave me also.

Edited by Blue-Wolf

Just wondering, since I have no clue about salt, they would be the equivalent to snails in freshwater?, ok and not bad until they overpopulate your tank..they do look pretty, see I would have not known and left it.. :) adds color!

Yes they are sort of the equivalent of snails in a fresh tank. They look pretty when you first start the tank. Then you leave then 'cause they're pretty and you don't know any better. Pretty soon your rock is crawling with the wonderful little things, and they are smothering your desirable corals.

Hmmm, sounds like experience talking, lol.

Lemon juice - either the real thing or fake lemon. I have not tried this but an expert on canreef uses this method. Put two drops of lemon juice in their litlte mouth and that should kill them. Then suck out the remains with a turkey baster. If there is just a little tiny piece of tissue left, it will grow a new anemone in no time!