NEED HELP FAST PLEASE - DONE

Blue-Wolf

BW: You have FW & SW, six tanks total, but I don't see QUARINTINE tanks listed amongst them?? I think you might be finding out the hard way why they are reccommended. Sorry to hear of your problems, I have no SW experience, so I'm afraid I will have to leave this for someone else to answer. Hope they all pull through, I have experienced loss on one occasion, and didn't like it one bit.

James

Just to add, also just realized both fish appear to be 'breathing heavy'...

In your tank keep dosing Prime (use "emergency" dosing instructions), put on a filter full of carbon and do water changes. You could try filling up an alternate "tank" with a heater and air bubbler (a large bucket, a rubbermaid container, a clean spare tank) with clean fresh mixed saltwater and acclimating the clowns to this water, then putting them in there. If they perk up in the new clean water, it's the water in your tank. Nitrite is very toxic.

Did they have any black spots or bubbles at the store? Are you certain your specific gravity measurement is accurate?

I'm afraid I don't know much about diseases in saltwater fish as I haven't had experience with that problem. Try googling "black ich" or "velvet" or "marine ick" and see if any of those things looks like what your fish have. The bubble I am afraid I don't know. Could be an injury/disease/infection/pressure behind the eye or even an osmotic reaction to a drastic salinity change. Try asking on canreef, hopefully someone there will be able to help you.

Random thing I found googling "saltwater fish diseases" to try to help

Edited by sharuq1

Your tank is definitely experiencing a mini cycle. Did you add anything other than the couple of fish? New LR? anything like that? Your readings should ALWAYS be: Ammonia - 0; Nitrite - 0

Sharuq has some good suggestions, and you'll definitely need to do a couple big WCs (50% or so), like others have mentioned.

Edited by jvision

Add some more Prime - you want that Nitrite reading to be 0. You'll likely have to do this a few times - probably every day, maybe even more often - until the bacteria that eat Nitrite can catch up.

Edited by jvision