Ruby Red stopped eating

soliver

So i have treated my ruby, and he still isn't eating. I have done a lot of reading and i have read that clout is a good treatment for malawi bloat. I was going to go pick some up tomorrow. I don't want this fish to die. Whats everyone's thoughts on clout?

Jungle Parasite Clear is my #1 choice of meds, unless the fish is already in a very bad way, or Parasite Clear just isn't doing the trick, then Clout is the way to go. Just be advised that Clout is a very strong med & can affect your bio bacteria, as well as stain your silicone blue.

Jungle Parasite Clear is my #1 choice of meds, unless the fish is already in a very bad way, or Parasite Clear just isn't doing the trick, then Clout is the way to go. Just be advised that Clout is a very strong med & can affect your bio bacteria, as well as stain your silicone blue.

is this someone where I should be putting him in the hospital tank for the treatment?

I guess that depends on how your other fish in this tank are acting/eating etc.

Typically I would advise treating the entire tank if/when one fish starts to go south,

but if all other fish are still eating, I would treat the ruby red in a hospital tank, and feed

Metronidazole soaked pellets to the rest of the tank as a preventative. (feed twice a day for 5 days straight)

I guess that depends on how your other fish in this tank are acting/eating etc.

Typically I would advise treating the entire tank if/when one fish starts to go south,

but if all other fish are still eating, I would treat the ruby red in a hospital tank, and feed

Metronidazole soaked pellets to the rest of the tank as a preventative. (feed twice a day for 5 days straight)

I was thinking that since i treated the rest of the tank the first time and they are all still eating and Breeding(have another holding as of yesterday) that i should separate him for the treatment. I will move the fry out of the 10 gallon into the 5 gallon and treat him in there. He has also started to get a few white horizontal lines on him side. Not sure what thats from.

• 2 weeks later...

Im happy to announce that the ruby red peacock is eating like a pig. He didn't lose too much weight and is starting to color up again.

As for the lwanda in the other tank, he started to eat today as well. So he should be on the road to recovery.

Thanks again to everyone that helped. Im still new to this and with so many tanks, a newbie is bound to get in some trouble.