Where to buy 30" t12 in Calgary

MeioFormiga

Older tank and canopy, the OE light setup is more than adequate for this tank. And now it's time for a new bulb, F24t12 30" something appropriate for plants. Not finding anything after a couple days of looking and calling around. Any suggestions, aside from ordering online?

T12s are going the way of the dinorsaurs - I was told by an electrician friend that they aren't even being made anymore.

T12s are going the way of the dinorsaurs - I was told by an electrician friend that they aren't even being made anymore.

Actually I work at a sign supply wholesaler and T12s are used in the lighting of signs. They are standard in the industry.We don't have 30" but you could try HD Supply Litemor or Commercial Lighting. If it was 48" or larger, I could definitely help you out!!!

T8 and T10 bulbs have the same pin configuration so that should open up some more choices for you.

They might, but will they still work in that ancient fixture I have with that ballast & starter combination? How would I go about figuring that out?

Edited by MeioFormiga

T8 and T10 bulbs have the same pin configuration so that should open up some more choices for you.

They might, but will they still work in that ancient fixture I have with that ballast & starter combination? How would I go about figuring that out?

Check the length. F24 actually stands for a 24" bulb not 30". I'm at home now but can check if I have those when I'm at work tomorrow. Let me know!!

They are interchangeable. As long as the wattage of the bulb is the same the starter and ballast should be compatible.

You could try a hardware store, but I was just at Rona today and they don't really carry anything smaller than the 48" in T12's for plant growth (or daylight bulb). Your best bet to find one specific for helping with plant growth, is to contact lighting specialty stores or suppliers. Your only other option would be to try the LFS and spend a fortune.

I can get you F24 T12 bulbs in Daylight or Cool white. Please let me know if I can help you out. P.S. They'll be pretty cheap too!!

General Electric and I can get plenty of them at work. Please pm me and let me know how many and Daylight or CW. They're about 9 dollars a bulb.

General Electric and I can get plenty of them at work. Please pm me and let me know how many and Daylight or CW. They're about 9 dollars a bulb.

Hmmf, the offer is fantastic, but I've decided to upgrade, gonna retrofit and put either compact flourescent or t5 with reflector in there.